Information on the protection of individuals with reference to the processing of personal data for applying to the EU-Balkan Youth Forum
(General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, art. 13)
The processing of personal data required for the application to participate to the EU-Balkan Youth Forum will conform to the principles of lawfulness, correctness and transparency in order to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons.
To this end, the following information is provided:
1. The Data Controller is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of the Italian Republic, which operates, in this specific case, via the Directorate General for the European Union, Unit for the Adriatic and the Western Balkans (firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. +39. 06-36912280/2282).
2. For inquiries or complaints on privacy, the data subject may contact the MAECI data protection officer / DPO [responsabile protezione dati / RPD] (mailing address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Piazzale della Farnesina 1, 00135 ROMA, telephone: 0039 06 36911 (switchboard), email: email@example.com, certified email [pec]: firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. The requested personal data is needed to evaluate the application submitted to participate to the EU-Balkan Youth Forum to be held in Rome, 22nd-26th November 2021, to organise the participation to the Forum of the selected candidates or for statistical and historical research purposes.
4. Provision of this data is mandatory and any refusal to provide the requested data renders the application inadmissible.
5. Data processing, performed by MAECI staff, will be carried out in manual and automated modes.
6. Personal data will be communicated to EU-Balkan Youth Forum project partners (Regional Cooperation Council, Regional Youth Cooperation Office, OBC Transeuropa and Centro CeSPI Centro Studi di Politica Internazionale) for the purpose to evaluate the applications and select the participants to the EU-Balkan Youth Forum, as well as for statistical and research purposes.
7. Personal data shall be retained into the MAECI and project partners for a maximum period of ten years.
8. The data subject may request access to his personal data and the rectification of the same. Within the limits established by current legislation, she/he may also request the erasure of such data, as well as the restriction of – or the objection to – data processing. In these cases, the data subject must submit a specific request to the Directorate General for the European Union – Unit for the Adriatic and the Western Balkans and notify MAECI DPO of the same.
9. If the data subject believes that his privacy rights have been violated, she/he may file a complaint with the MAECI DPO. If the response is deemed unsatisfactory, he may contact the Italian Data Supervisory Authority [Garante per la Protezione dei Dati personali] (mailing address: Piazza Venezia 11, 00187 ROMA; telephone: 0039 06 696771 (switchboard); email: email@example.com; certified email: firstname.lastname@example.org).